Our programs are extensive and varied. In addition, we work with numerous partners to ensure that our programs meet the Ontario curriculum and provide every child with the best possible experience.
All our programs are booked on a first come, first serve basis and tend to fill quickly. Please call at least two weeks in advance to book a program.
- Spring Professional Development (PD) Day
Wild Encounters Outdoor School is offering a special PD day program designed to enhance your child's knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the natural world and our amazing planet! Pre-Registration is necessary.
- Wild Encounters Outdoor School
In response to the current Covid-19 Pandemic, a new program designed specifically for virtual learners and home-schoolers has been developed. Participants have an opportunity to join a session of curriculum-based, hands-on learning and investigations over the course of three full days this spring.
- The WREN Program - over 50 different outdoor education programs are offered throughout the jurisdictions of both Saugeen and Grey Sauble Conservation Authorities. Everything from in-depth water studies, wetlands, insects, endangered species and much more.
- The DEER Program - Bruce Power in partnership with Saugeen Conservation, is pleased to offer a wide variety of environmental and conservation awareness programs to area schools. The DEER programs are free, with busing provided, to schools served by the Bluewater District School Board and the Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board. The programs run throughout the school year from September to June.
- Community Youth Group Programming - Looking for fulfilling skills, badge or award requirements for your Scouting, Girl Guide or 4-H group? we offer a wide variety of different adventures and skills for your community youth group.
- Sulphur Spring Outdoor School - An opportunity for primary classes to participate in integrated, experiential programming designed to foster learning, comfort and growth in nature's classroom. Opportunities to explore, immerse their senses and discover the natural worls for themselves abound through these student-driven seasonal programs.
- Flood Waters and You - This is free in-school programming for the Saugeen watershed schools with hands-on experiments and multi-media presentations designed to teach students about the dangers of floodwaters and hypothermia.
- Earth Week - Six different in-school programs are offered here, designed to celebrate Earth Week, learn about our natural resources and empower youth to help improve the local environment. Sponsored by Enbridge.
- The Grey Bruce Children's Water Festival - Saugeen Conservation is proud to assist with organizing and presenting this annual education event involving grade four students from across Grey and Bruce Counties. Students participate in over 40 different hands-on activity centres all focused on water.
- Wild Encounters Nature Day Camp - A cooperative effort between Saugeen Conservation and the Town of Hanover; this week-long day camp gets kids outside and active while exploring our natural resources. Registration and more information is available through the Town of Hanover Recreation Department.
- The Bruce Grey Forest Festival - Initiated by the Education and Forestry staff of Saugeen Conservation, this full day program aimed at grade seven students from across Bruce and Grey Counties, immerses them in the forest to learn about our forest resources, stewardship, species at risk and much more. Hands-on curriculum based activity centres hosted by secondary school students along with a wide variety of industry representatives (Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry, Saugeen and Grey Sauble Conservation Authorities, local stewardship and woodlot associations etc.) allow students to learn about our forests and the interactions within the ecosystems.
Contact Nancy Griffin (519-367-3040 Ext. 237 (office), 369-4706 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our programs and bookings.
Check out Nature Notes with Nancy on YouTube!
Our Partners in Education