Environmental Planning Coordinator
Posted: November 9, 2018
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Saugeen Conservation invites applications for the full time position of Environmental Planning Coordinator. The position is responsible for the review of planning applications and development proposals to ensure compliance with Authority and provincial policies, pertinent laws, and regulations. The individual will supervise the Planning Technicians, aid other department staff, and report to the Manager, Environmental Planning and Regulations.
- Reviews and comments on planning applications under the Planning Act. Includes: performing site inspections, attending site and public meetings, and referring to policy documents.
- Responds to general inquiries from landowners, developers, municipalities, and the public regarding applicable policies and regulations.
- Understanding of natural hazards management, such as floodplains and slope instability, and protection of natural heritage features such as wetlands, valleys, and shoreline areas.
- Assists in the review of applications under the Authority’s Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation.
- Supervise two Planning Technicians and assist Regulation Officers and other department staff.
- Other duties as assigned appropriate to the position.
- Graduate from College/University in Planning, Resources Management, Geography, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, or a related field.
- At least 3 years experience related to major responsibilities preferred.
- Knowledge of related provincial legislation. Experience in Conservation Authority environmental planning and/or Section 28 regulations under the Conservation Authorities Act are preferred.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, and functional word processing ability.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and ability to perform site inspections in various types of terrain and weather.
Salary Range: $60,029 to $71,124 per year plus benefits, 37.5 hr work week
Resumes should be submitted by November 16, 2018 to: Erik Downing, Saugeen Conservation, 1078 Bruce Road 12, P.O. Box 150, Formosa, ON N0G 1W0 firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume and cover letter via email as one merged document, titled as per the following: first name initial_last name_SVCAEPCoordinator_2018 (J_Smith_SVCAEPCoordinator_2018.pdf).