PLEASE NOTE: This event has now moved to the Hamlet of Formosa and the date has changed to the first full weekend in December - 6, 7 & 8th.
Hamlet of Formosa
Come out to see this one-of-a-kind event - the largest interactive Christmas event in all of Grey and Bruce Counties.
PLEASE NOTE: Buses will be running continously throughout the event to make it easier for visitors to get from one activity to another!
Christmas in the Country has grown and is now located in the Hamlet of Formosa.
It will be better than ever, with much more room to grow, additional hydro services and opportunities. Local groups and organizations have come together to host this special event and help bring out the real Christmas spirit!
We are fortunate this year to have the assitance of the Formosa Lions, Lioness', Formosa Nativity Scene, the local Catholic Women's Institute, the St. Joesph's Committee and, as always, lots and lots of volunteers! We're looking forward to working with all of them to put on a fantastic show!
As always, thousands and thousands of Christmas lights, hundreds of candle lanterns, horse-drawn wagon rides, horse rides, train rides, duck rides, Christmas cafe, free hot apple cider, free bannock making, cookie decorating, crafts, and so much more!
Dates and Times
- Thursday, Dec. 5 - Drive-Thru (lights only). from 6 - 8pm. Donations welcome.
- Fri., December 6 (5-10pm)
- Sat., December 7 (2-10pm)
- Sun., December 8 (2-7pm)
Adults $10.00, kids $3.00, pre-schoolers FREE!
Things to see and do
About Christmas in the Country
This enchanting event started over 25 years ago with a vision to create a unique attraction that would help provide visitors of all ages with a magical Christmas spirit!
This fundraising event is hosted by the Saugeen Valley Conservation Foundation and is their largest event of the year.
The Hamlet of Formosa will feature thousands of Christmas lights as well as Christmas activities in almost every public building available. Come out an decorate your own gingerbread cookie, take a horse-drawn wagon ride, visit with Santa, take in the Pioneer Village with its costumed characters and live demonstrations, and enjoy a cup of hot apple cider. When you get hungry, wander over to the Christmas Cafe to enjoy a hearty bowl of hot chilli.
You will also be visiting our North Pole, so be sure to dress for the weather and take a tour in our Elf Maze! There's lots to see and do at Christmas in the Country.
- The Hamlet of Formosa is located in Bruce County on Bruce County Road #12. Easy to get to and plenty of atmosphere for this wonderful event.
Participants and Sponsors:
It takes many people and generous sponsors to host an event of this size. We would like to recognize and thank the following individuals. They provide the character and charm that has become a part of this festive occasion!
The Sponsors and Contributors Who Make This Event Happen
- Bill Brown's Income Tax Service, Hanover
- Blackburn Radio Inc. (101.7 The One, CKNX am and Classic Rock), Wingham
- Byers, Stuart, Hanover
- Caldecott Millwright Services Inc., Hanover
- Canadian Fire and Flood, Walkerton
- CIBC, Walkerton
- Cornerston Financial Group, Walkerton
- Craig, McDonald, Reddon Insurance Brokers , Ltd., Hanover
- Eastern Overhead Doors, Hanover
- Electrical Contacts Ltd., Hanover
- Ernewwin Farms Ltd, Walkerton
- Germania Mutual Insurance, Ayton
- Giant Tiger, Hanover
- Grants Your Independent Grocer, Hanover
- Ground Effects Landscaping, Hanover
- Hamond Power Solutions, Walkerton
- Hanover New Car Dealers (Hanover Honda, Hanover Chrysler and Hallman Motors)
- Howick Mutual Insurance, Morris-Turnberry
- Kaufman's Valu-mart, Walkerton
- Johanna's Sewing, Hanover
- Joy's Source for Sports, Walkerton
- Larsen and Shaw Ltd., Walkerton
- Leslie Motors, Walkerton
- Lloyd Kuntz Sales and Service, Formosa
- Meridian Credit Union, Walkerton and Hanover
- North Wellington Coop, Hanover
- NWMO, Toronto
- Ontario Power Generation, Tiverton
- Penner, Jim, Walkerton
- Pharmasave, Hanover
- Price-Schonstrom Inc., Walkerton
- Regional Tourism GreyBruceSimcoe (RT07)
- Shawday Autobody Inc., Formosa
- South Bruce Tourism, Municipality of South Bruce
- Sunbelt Rentals, Walkerton
- The Bulk Barn, Kincardine / Port Elgin
- The Co-operators, Hanover
- The Dietrich Family, Formosa
- The Royal Bank (RBC), Hanover
- Trillium Mutual Insurance Company, Listowel
- W.C. Smith Wholsesale Distributors, Clifford
- Walkerton Baptist Church (nativity scene)
- Walkerton Toyota, Walkerton
- Wayne Batte's Custom Butchering, Mildmay
- Weiller, Paula and Rick
- Weiss Development Corp. Formosa
- Westario Power, Walkerton
- Wightman Telecom, Clifford
- Whitehead Financial Services Inc., / Sunlife Financial, Hanover
Our volunteers are incredible!
We could not possibly host this event without them. Each and every one of them makes a commitment to see the event through for the enjoyment of all those who attend. We thank them for all their hard work and dedication.